b-hebrew - RE: hebrew translation

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Peter Kirk" <Peter_Kirk AT sil.org>
  • To: <SDBIBLESTUDY AT aol.com>
  • Cc: "Biblical Hebrew" <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: hebrew translation
  • Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2001 16:57:58 +0100

As I receive this (as HTML e-mail) it displays with a font called just "Hebrew", and our "official" transliteration would be (&H $LOWS B.MROWMYN. I can only guess that $LOWS is an error for $FLOWM, in which case this could mean "do(ing) peace in the heights". The final N, if not a mistake for M, suggests this is Aramaic or Aramaic influenced Hebrew.

Peter Kirk