b-hebrew - Call for Papers - Mehqere Hag 13 Roth-Rotem Festschrift

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Jonathan D. Safren" <yonsaf AT beitberl.ac.il>
  • Subject: Call for Papers - Mehqere Hag 13 Roth-Rotem Festschrift
  • Date: Wed, 23 May 2001 17:45:35 +0200

The Center for Jewish Holiday Studies and the Department of Biblical Studies at Beit Berl College wish to honor Dr. Joseph Roth-Rotem, founder and long-time chairman of the Center,  founder and Chief Editor of Mehqere Hag - A Journal of Jewish Culture, the annual of the Center and former chairman of the Dept. of Biblical Studies. Dr. Roth-Rotem is now emeritus, and continues as Center chairman and Chief Editor.
We feel that the best way of expressing our esteem is by devoting the next volume Mehqere Hag, Vol. 13, as a Festchrift in his honor.
We therefore invite all scholars interested in any aspects of the study of Hebrew Bible, Jewish Holidays and Jewish Culture  - historical, philosophical, existential, literary, etc. to contribute articles to the Roth-Rotem Jubilee Volume.
Articles are accepted in Hebrew and English, and may range in length from 15 to 20 pages.. Hebrew articles should be accompanied by a 200-300 word English abstract and vice versa. Articles should be typed with Word for Windows or a compatible PC word processor and submitted in two hard copies plus diskette. E-mail attachment submissions are possible, but we cannot guarantee that they will always arrive safely.
The last date for submission of articles is December 31, 2001..
Sincerely,
Prof. Isaac Kalimi
Dept. of Biblical Studies
Editor

Dr. Jonathan D. Safren
Chairman, Dept. of Biblical Studies
Editor of the English Section
Mehqere Hag - A Journal of Jewish Culture
Center for Jewish Holiday Studies
Beit Berl College
Beit Berl Post Office
44905 Israel

  • Call for Papers - Mehqere Hag 13 Roth-Rotem Festschrift, Jonathan D. Safren, 05/23/2001