b-hebrew - Re: A new tack on 'asher

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Numberup AT worldnet.att.net
  • To: Daniel Wagner <dan.wagner AT netzero.net>
  • Cc: Biblical Hebrew <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: A new tack on 'asher
  • Date: Thu, 10 May 2001 12:37:56 -0700

"Subordination" has several meanings, and how does this affect a precise
translation? I think preferable is Koehler and Baumgartner's explanation (_A
Bilingual Dictionary of the Hebrew and Aramaic Old Testament_, Brill, 1998):
"_)asher_ marks the connexion of two independent clauses of which the
second explains more distinctly a part of the first."

Solomon Landers