b-hebrew - Re: Yiqtol + ASHER + Yiqtol

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Numberup AT worldnet.att.net
  • To: "Lee R. Martin" <lmartin AT cogts.edu>
  • Cc: Biblical Hebrew <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Yiqtol + ASHER + Yiqtol
  • Date: Tue, 08 May 2001 15:50:42 -0700

Interesting here that the KJV (and many others) translate with "future"
contextual
reference:

(1) Ex 6:1: "...Now shalt thou see what I will do [tir'eh asher 'eh'seh] to
Pharaoh..."

NASB: "Now you shall see what I will do to Pharaoh..."

(2) Ex 11:7: "But against any of the children of Israel shall not a dog move
his
tongue,...that ye may know how that the LORD doth put a difference [ter'un
asher
yafleh]....

NIV: "But among the Israelites not a dog will bark at any man or animal.
Then you
will know that the LORD makes a distinction..."

Solomon Landers