b-hebrew - Re: was Michael -- Re: deuteronomy (Peter)

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Bill Rea <cctr114 AT it.canterbury.ac.nz>
  • To: b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: was Michael -- Re: deuteronomy (Peter)
  • Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2001 10:00:40 +1300 (NZDT)

Ian wrote:-

[snip]
>So we have a shipfaring people with a name of Denyen/Danuna/Danai, who
>just so happened to find themselves on basically the same coast around
>the same time, as the only biblically attested "southern Dan", who have
>no background according to the only sources to justify their connection
>with ships or the coast.
[snip]

Sock it to me! Do I understand you correctly? Are really saying that
within the Biblical texts there is a historical memory which dates
back to around 1200BC?

Bill Rea, Information Technology Dept., Canterbury University \_
E-Mail b dot rea at it dot canterbury dot ac dot nz </ New
Phone 64-3-364-2331, Fax 64-3-364-2332 /) Zealand
Unix Systems Administrator (/'