b-hebrew - Re: Sam, Chr & Josephus

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Ian Hutchesson" <mc2499 AT mclink.it>
  • To: "Biblical Hebrew" <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Sam, Chr & Josephus
  • Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2001 22:00:36 +0100

>You might enjoy, as I did, Auld's _The Priority of Kings_
>which suggests the same thing.

Another book suggestion, Liz?

(Well, the last one, Japhet, was pretty good. She went part way along the
road by supporting the priority of the Ezra lineage to that of Chr 6 -- but
she doesn't contemplate 1 & 2 Esdras, which makes it more solid, though she
wouldn't like the dating implications! She's early Greek.)

I suppose there's nothing new under heaven, so it doesn't surprise me that
another new idea turns out to be old. Could you give me (us) a synopsis of
the logic?

Ian