b-hebrew - Re: Tel Dan

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Banyai AT t-online.de (Banyai)
  • To: b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: Tel Dan
  • Date: Sat, 3 Mar 2001 18:13:44 +0100

Raymond de Hoop wrote:

> >> I regret to say, but much of the discussion with
> >> regard to this stele has been governed by a fundamentalistic versus
> >> anti-fundamentalistic position. And many of the oponents of the "House of
> >> David"-interpretation made themself suspect in their publications that
> >> they
> >> were opposing against a fundamentalistic reading instead of against a
> >> wrong
> >> philological interpretation.

This is not meant as a serious question, but, has anybody immagined the
possibility that no David occurs in the HB? I´m slowly loosing the feeling
for
verisimility dealing with the old texts.

Is there any Banyai existing at all or is he just a projection of the
undersigned? And what does this name mean at all? And...

All the best,

Bányai Michael

  • Re: Tel Dan, Banyai, 03/03/2001