b-hebrew - RE: Written by Women.???

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Dave Washburn" <dwashbur AT nyx.net>
  • To: Biblical Hebrew <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: Written by Women.???
  • Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2001 17:21:35 -0700

We also have a female leader in Judges, to name just one more.

Dear Liz,  If you read 2nd Kings, you will see that a female prophet was consulted. I would not rule out a female contributor to the Pentateuch.  Bruce Gradner.  At 17:22 20/02/01, you wrote:

Freedman makes a case in his Who Wrote the Torah (a case adopted without attribution by Bloom) for the J writer to be female. My question is how literate were women? How likely is it for there to have been women writers? It seems very unlikely to me. Liz >   --- You are currently subscribed to b-hebrew as: [b.gardner AT abdn.ac.uk] To unsubscribe, forward this message to leave-b-hebrew- 90212Y AT franklin.oit.unc.edu To subscribe, send an email to join-b- hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu.

Bruce Gardner
b.gardner AT abdn.ac.uk
--- You are currently subscribed to b-hebrew as: [dwashbur AT nyx.net] To unsubscribe, forward this message to leave-b-hebrew- 90212Y AT franklin.oit.unc.edu To subscribe, send an email to join-b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu.

Dave Washburn
http://www.nyx.net/~dwashbur
violated."  C. S. Lewis

Archive powered by MHonArc 2.6.24.