b-hebrew - Re: Isaiah 7:14 and Matthew

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Jonathan D. safren" <yonsaf AT beitberl.ac.il>
  • To: "Ian Hutchesson" <mc2499 AT mclink.it>, "Biblical Hebrew" <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Isaiah 7:14 and Matthew
  • Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2001 08:47:12 +0200

The word "racial" has been used twice by Ian Hutchesson in two successive
postings concerning the Jewishness/non-Jewishness of Matthew.
Perhaps Ian would like to clarify what he means by "racial"? Is he referring
to some anthropological or other scientific or non-scientific definition?
Y-chromosome studies, perhaps? Clarification, please.
Jonathan D. Safren
Chairman
Dept. of Biblical Studies
Beit Berl College