b-hebrew - Re: virgin: _BETHULAH_ and/or _(ALMAH_

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Harold R. Holmyard III" <hholmyard AT ont.com>
  • To: Biblical Hebrew <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: virgin: _BETHULAH_ and/or _(ALMAH_
  • Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2001 07:03:54 -0600

Dear Jonathan,

I agree with your post to a great degree, but still find Messianic
significance in Isa 7:14. The article that I recommended to Dan tries to
show how both your idea and the Messianic idea can work together. Perhaps
you would be interested in looking at it. As I told Dan, the link is:

http://journalofbiblicalstudies.org

Just go to the articles of issue one, and look for THE LINKAGE BETWEEN
ISAIAH 7:14 AND 9:6, by
by Harold R. Holmyard. I do see "almah" as referring to a virgin, as I
argue in an excursus, but can see your view, too.

Yours,
Harold Holmyard
Dallas, TX, USA