b-hebrew - Re: BETHULAH - virgin

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Christine Bass" <christinebass AT home.com>
  • To: "Moshe Shulman" <mshulman AT ix.netcom.com>, "Biblical Hebrew" <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Cc: "Biblical Hebrew" <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: BETHULAH - virgin
  • Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2001 20:21:05 -0500

Okay, Moshe, curious minds want to know----what do you understand "betulim"
mean? And how does your understanding of the word differ from George's---as
you appear to imply it would---
and why the difference in interpretation between the two of you?

Thank you for listing the reference sites. Christian posted yesterday that
the job of good scholarship and exegesis is to be upfront with our point of
view. This information helps me to understand where you are coming from.