b-hebrew - Re: Isaiah 7.14

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Bill Rea <cctr114 AT it.canterbury.ac.nz>
  • To: b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: Isaiah 7.14
  • Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2001 14:16:30 +1300 (NZDT)

Saul wrote:-

>This forum is intended for the study of Biblical Hebrew and not religion.
>Let's keep it like that. The Hebrew Bible should be translated and
>interpreted in its historical and literary context and not in any other
>way.

This seems a rather odd sentiment considering what we're discussing.
How can one do a reasonable job of translating these books, which
are primarily religious texts, by denying their religious context
and significance?

Bill Rea, Information Technology Dept., Canterbury University \_
E-Mail b dot rea at it dot canterbury dot ac dot nz </ New
Phone 64-3-364-2331, Fax 64-3-364-2332 /) Zealand
Unix Systems Administrator (/'