b-hebrew - RE: Hebrew Bible with Interlinear Phonetical Transliteration

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Russ_Johnson AT sil.org
  • To: <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: Hebrew Bible with Interlinear Phonetical Transliteration
  • Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2001 13:44:16 -0500

On Mon, 8 Jan 2001 21:59:03, "Peter Kirk" <Peter_Kirk AT sil.org> wrote:

The BART (Biblical Analysis and Research Tool) package includes a way of
displaying the Hebrew text with interlinear transliteration (not exactly
phonetic, more the standard scholarly transliteration) with English text
in a parallel column. It has lots of other features as well. BART is
available from Navpress, which has recently changed its name but I think
www.navpress.com still has a link to the right place.

Peter Kirk

The new name for NavPress Software is iExalt Electronic Publishing
(http://www.iexalt.com). BART is available from them at:

http://www.wordsearchbible.com/GrHeb.htm#Biblical%20Analysis%20and%20Research%20Tools%20(BART)

According to http://www.wordsearchbible.com/guest/guest.htm, they're
offering a 20% discount off "the retail price of anything on our Web site"
through the end of this month (January 2001).

BART is also available as part of iExalt's Greek and Hebrew Library package
at:

http://www.wordsearchbible.com/Packages.htm#WORDsearch%20Greek%20+%20Hebrew%20Library

which I've seen heavily discounted (not much more than the cost [with
iExalt's 20% discount] of BART itself) at several discount Christian
software sites.

Finally, BART 2.0 is included with Translator's Workplace 3.0, available to
qualified Bible translation personnel. (See
http://www.sil.org/translation/twinfo.htm#Availability for more
information.)

- Russ Johnson