b-hebrew - Writing Unicode Hebrew

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "John Richards" <jhr AT universalist.worldonline.co.uk>
  • To: "Peter Kirk" <Peter_Kirk AT sil.org>, "Biblical Hebrew" <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Writing Unicode Hebrew
  • Date: Sun, 3 Dec 2000 19:09:29 -0000

From: "Peter Kirk" <Peter_Kirk AT sil.org>

> Meanwhile you can and should already use Unicode Hebrew for your web
pages,
> which is what sites in Israel already do. At least all IE5 users will be
> able to view them, and the standard should soon be supported by all
> browsers.

This is good advice, but while I can see it is easy enough to DISPLAY text
in Unicode Hebrew, what I do not understand at present is how one can WRITE
it with any sort of speed, in a word processor, for example. I presume it
does not entail typing in the full Unicode code for every character or
diacritical point. - ?

John Richards