b-hebrew - RE: BHS text and Conversion

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Peter Kirk" <Peter_Kirk AT sil.org>
  • To: "Dave Ens" <dens AT agape.twu.ca>, "Biblical Hebrew" <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: BHS text and Conversion
  • Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2000 13:06:53 -0500

Did you do the Standard Encoding to Display Encoding conversion? You need
Display Encoding to view or print. If you try to view or print Standard
Encoding, you get basically the right thing but the points will not be
placed correctly. The Ezra fonts are not clever enough to do this
automatically. The very latest technology for Windows makes such intelligent
fonts possible, but as far as I know no one has written a Hebrew font making
use of this. Watch this space.

Or is your problem that the printed text doesn't match what is on your
screen? In that case your problem is probably with your printer driver. Try
downloading a new one.

Peter Kirk