b-hebrew - RE: BHS

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Peter Kirk" <Peter_Kirk AT sil.org>
  • To: "Giuseppe Regalzi" <regalzi AT tiscalinet.it>
  • Cc: "Biblical Hebrew" <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: BHS
  • Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2000 18:08:19 -0500

Thanks for this URL. This is indeed what I was wanting, with full vowel
pointing, though the modern Hebrew instructions are not easy for me. The
text displays correctly in Internet Explorer 5 with (downloaded) Hebrew
support on western Windows 95. No cantillation, but then the standard fonts
don't support it. And there are commas which presumably correspond to the
major cantillation marks. The use of letters for verse numbers confuses me,
but only because I am not used to it. Apparently only the Torah for now, I
assume BHKNH means "under construction" for the Prophets and the Writings.

Peter Kirk