b-hebrew - Re: OTA BHS Conversion

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: John Ronning <ronning AT xsinet.co.za>
  • To: John Richards <jhr AT universalist.worldonline.co.uk>, Biblical Hebrew <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: OTA BHS Conversion
  • Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2000 09:33:31 +0200

> John Richards wrote:
>
> May I enquire whether anyone on the list has managed to
> convert the Oxford Text Archive (OTA) BHS text using
> the SIL CC packages so as to end up with a full BHS text
> in SIL Ezra TTF
> font on a PC?

I have done this for several styles (full cantilation,
consonants and vowels only, and consonants only) and as far
as I've checked the text is correct. I did not know of any
CC tables for inserting verse numbers (mine has only chapter
numbers), so I've been doing that manually with word
processor macros.

A very nice font - thanks SIL. Also thanks to Frydrich for
his free right-to-left keyboard utility which makes entry of
text in the Ezra font much less cumbersome:

RTL for Windows 95 -
http://www.frydrych.freeserve.co.uk/rtl/index.html

George asked about accents a while ago. There are two such
accents with SIL Ezra - one for narrow letters and one for
standard (ANSI 181 & 180). With the right-to-left utility,
you press shift-B and it automatically picks the correct
one.

Regards,

John Ronning