b-hebrew - Re: The Flood

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Peter Kirk" <Peter_Kirk AT sil.org>
  • To: "Michael Hildenbrand" <hildenbr AT Haas.Berkeley.EDU>, "Biblical Hebrew" <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Cc: "Biblical Hebrew" <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: The Flood
  • Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2000 01:22:55 +0500

Two miles are a little over 3000 m, so not enough to cover Ararat (5165 m),
let alone Everest (8848 m). So you have to find some explanation for all the
world's high mountains being raised up in a very short time (without
creating huge earthquakes and tidal waves) as well as the ocean floor
dropping.

Peter Kirk