b-hebrew - Re: Cause he said so

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Kimmo Huovila <kimmo.huovila AT helsinki.fi>
  • To: barre AT freedsl.com, b-hebrew <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Cause he said so
  • Date: Sat, 09 Sep 2000 11:39:05 +0300

Though this does not really give a complete answer to your question,
text linguistics can give an alternative, plausible analysis in some
cases where different sources have been proposed. The tendency in the
past has been to propose different sources before examining all the
alternatives from the standpoint of text linguistics (no doubt, partly
due to the fact that text linguistics is a relatively recent
discipline). However, in my opinion, the source critic should be very
well equipped in text linguistics to have a solid basis for his
methodology.

Kimmo