b-hebrew - Cause he said so

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: barre AT freedsl.com
  • To: b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Cause he said so
  • Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2000 19:05:11 -0700

I would like to know what critical theories of composition for the
Pentateuch (Tetrateuch, Hexateuch) are offered by those who reject
the Documentary Hypothesis. As far as I know, no one has does this
with regard to Mosaic authorship, at least not to the level of
criticism of the rival position. My past has taught me that Mosaic
authorship is propounded on theological grounds, that since Jesus
referred to the Law of Moses, and Jesus can't be wrong, Moses had to
have written it. This position is then made more credible by mostly
casting dispersions on the DH. So if anyone can offer a scholarly
alternative to the DH and its variants, I would like them to make
some sort of case beyond Jesus said so.

LMB

L.M. Barre, Ph.D.
Angelfire.com/ca2/AncientIsrael