b-hebrew - Re: examples: vayyiqtol and adverbs

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Peter Kirk" <Peter_Kirk AT sil.org>
  • To: "yochanan bitan" <ButhFam AT compuserve.com>
  • Cc: "b-hebrew" <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: examples: vayyiqtol and adverbs
  • Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2000 20:42:17 -0300

Dear Randall,

Thank you. I think Isaiah 6:1 will do nicely as the single example required
to refute Rolf's assertion.

I'm not so sure of the validity of the Moabite Stone for such an argument,
as we need to prove not assume that it is close enough to regular b-hebrew.
Any examples with wayehi are less clear cut as the wayehi clause can be
taken, at least at some level, as an independent sentence giving a setting
and joined to the following sentence by a conjunction.

Peter Kirk