b-hebrew - Re: Gen 1:1. Kermess

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Peter Kirk" <Peter_Kirk AT sil.org>
  • To: "Ian Hutchesson" <mc2499 AT mclink.it>, "Biblical Hebrew" <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Gen 1:1. Kermess
  • Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2000 00:27:16 +0100

Ian, there is nothing much new here for me to reply to. In another posting I
have outlined three possible interpretations of Gen 1:1-2. One of these must
be "ex nihilo", one cannot be, and the third (making verse 1 a title) leaves
the issue open. I do believe in "ex nihilo" creation (as taught in the New
Testament), but I am trying to keep my personal beliefs out of a discussion
of the text.

See a few more comments below.

Peter Kirk