b-hebrew - RE: Gen 1:1 "When God began to create"?

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Bill Ross" <wross AT farmerstel.com>
  • To: "Biblical Hebrew" <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: Gen 1:1 "When God began to create"?
  • Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2000 21:40:08 -0500

<Bill>
Just a personal note that I count it a "treat" to be able to discuss these
issues in such depth. I'm learning so much.

It is intriguing that the very first words of Scripture provide such great
challenges. Indeed, the first word! Discussing the complexities of every
passage of Scripture is like pondering the waves of the mysterious ocean
where wave follows undertow, and undertow follows wave, all with the same
water.

Err, better get back to the other side of my brain...

Bill Ross