b-hebrew - Re: Gen 2:17: Dying thou shalt die

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Peter Kirk" <Peter_Kirk AT sil.org>
  • To: "Bill Ross" <wross AT farmerstel.com>, "Biblical Hebrew" <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Gen 2:17: Dying thou shalt die
  • Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2000 12:43:27 +0100

I am not sure who the "he" in ? and Liz's postings was supposed to be,
perhaps originally a sexist pronoun for humanity in general. But Bill's
interpretation as Adam cannot stand. For actually this "he" didn't talk to
the snake, only Eve and YHWH did. And only Eve heard its words. Feminine
intuition? ;-)

Peter Kirk