b-hebrew - RE: In the Day you eat thereof... (Gen 2:4 and 17) - When!

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Jerry Blaz <ffdog AT earthlink.net>
  • To: "Bill Ross" <wross AT farmerstel.com>, b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: RE: In the Day you eat thereof... (Gen 2:4 and 17) - When!
  • Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2000 22:31:01 -0700

Well, not quite. After all, there are a number of Hebrew words that
translate to "when" so when "byom" is used; so we have to ask wherefore is
this "when" different from other "whens?"

There is ka'asher and matai and other words that translate to "when." I
will stick with my previous explanation. This "when" (if you insist) or
"byom" is used when it sums up state and signals a change.

Jerry Blaz

At 09:21 AM 8/23/00 -0500, you wrote:
><Lee>
>The word BEYOM simply means "when."
>
><Bill>
>Aaah, now that is satisfying! I was not subscribed on Aug 14th, so I missed
>it. That makes perfect sense and to my mind "cracks the case". Thank you.
>
>Bill Ross
>

>---
>You are currently subscribed to b-hebrew as: ffdog AT earthlink.net
>To unsubscribe, forward this message to
$subst('Email.Unsub')