b-hebrew - Re: "Is Biblical Hebrew a Language?"

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Maria Solarez <funi AT earthlink.net>
  • To: "Jonathan D. Safren" <yonsaf AT beitberl.ac.il>
  • Cc: Biblical Hebrew <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: "Is Biblical Hebrew a Language?"
  • Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2000 12:38:12 -0400

Thank you for this wonderful food for thought and discussion.

Is there enough of the Canaanite language around to consider BH a dialect or
subset?
Is enought known about the society at the time span of the writings of BH to
be
certain that the Canaanite language is not a subset of something else?

Forgive my lack of precision in this setting. however, my questions remains
Enlighten
me please..

Maria