b-hebrew - Re: BH- Eccl. 3, stones

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Naama Zahavi-Ely <nxzaha AT wm.edu>
  • To: Biblical Hebrew <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: BH- Eccl. 3, stones
  • Date: Sun, 09 Apr 2000 07:57:50 -0400

Sorry -- I just realized I used x for Caf instead of c; the word for
testicles in modern
Hebrew is ashach -- )f$ac (ending in caf, not chet).

I don't think the avnayim in Exodus are testicles; for that, the preposition
would have
been "b", not "al". And you don't usually need to tell people how to figure
out whether a
baby is a boy or a girl...

Best wishes,

Naama