b-hebrew - re: RE: Evidence

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: barre AT access1.com
  • To: "B-Hebrew" <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: re: RE: Evidence
  • Date: 08 Feb 2000 10:22:15 -0800

How could Lab'aya give up the land of Shechem if he did not reside there?
How did he get
the cooperation of it alleged ruler? No, the direct conclusion is that he
gave it up because it
was his to give. Why are you predisposed against this conclusion held by
many if not all?
What's wrong with the identification? Lab'aya clearly threatened Megiddo,
his neighbor to
the north. Do you have any reason whatsoever to think that he came from
elsewhere? He
gave up the land of Shechem. Why conclude that it was not his home to give?
Why
postulate possession from afar? Are you not being obscurant?

LMB