b-hebrew - Re: Mishnah Dictionaries

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Jonathan Bailey <jonathan.bailey AT gmx.de>
  • To: Biblical Hebrew list <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Mishnah Dictionaries
  • Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2000 16:20:36 +0100

Randall,

Can you tell me about Yitzhak Frank's "The Practical Talmud Dictionary"? I
ran across
it at Amazon.com:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0873065883/qid=949676163/sr=1-2/103-8733158-2489445

Apparently Jastrow's dictionary, though still standard, is in dire need of a
reprint, if
only to repair a number of typos and bad typesetting. I was wondering if you
knew
about Frank's dictionary or if you could find out about it for me.

Thanx,

"If there are many wisemen in a city, this means that the city will soon
fall."
Babylonian proverb

Jonathan Bailey
Hochschule für Jüdische Studien