b-hebrew - Re: S R Driver on Verb Tenses

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "clayton stirling bartholomew" <c.s.bartholomew AT worldnet.att.net>
  • To: Hebrew <Biblical Hebrew <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>>
  • Subject: Re: S R Driver on Verb Tenses
  • Date: Tue, 01 Feb 2000 10:54:46 -0800

Rolf,

What your are saying is that S R Driver is generally wrong but you can
glean bits an pieces of worthwhile information from his book? Is this
something like using R. H. Charles ICC commentary on the Apocalypse?

I find your comment on Waltke/O'Connor troubling. I have been told by
numerous students of Waltke from the 70's that he was at that time
infallable :-)))). Now here you go casting doubts in my mind. It was
precisely because I own a copy of Waltke/O'Connor that I asked the
question to begin with.

I will run right down to Half/Price books and pick up this tome. After
all what is $10? Not much risk.

Thanks Rolf,

Clay

--