b-hebrew - RE: Dating the Pentateuch- Canaan's Conquest Anomalies again

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Niels Peter Lemche <npl AT teol.ku.dk>
  • To: "'Jonathan D. Safren'" <yonsaf AT beitberl.beitberl.ac.il>
  • Cc: "'b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu'" <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: Dating the Pentateuch- Canaan's Conquest Anomalies again
  • Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2000 17:53:52 +0100

> I accept the theological nature of the Exodus traditions. But trying to
> get
> behinf them doesn't amount to a parody.
> Yours,
> --
> Jonathan D. Safren
[Niels Peter Lemche]

[Niels Peter Lemche] I did not say that. I said that anything that
reduces the content and message of the text ad absurdum is a parody as a
paraphrase of the text in question. Moreover, text and historical events are
two different things. Sometimes they join, sometimes not. It is not really a
problem.

NPL

  • RE: Dating the Pentateuch- Canaan's Conquest Anomalies again, Niels Peter Lemche, 01/28/2000