b-hebrew - Mal 1:11

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Ray Clendenen" <rclende AT lifeway.com>
  • To: b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Mal 1:11
  • Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2000 16:01:01 -0600

Ray Clendenen@BSSBNOTES
01/20/2000 04:01 PM

I would appreciate some interaction with my translation of Mal 1:11, which
tries to reflect the chiastic structure of the verse. I know a preposed
causal ki clause is unusual, but I think it is suggested by the chiasm:

"Because from east to west my name will be great among the nations,
incense is going to be presented to My name in every place of worship,
as well as pure offerings,
because My name will be great among the nations, says the LORD of Armies."

Ray Clendenen
Broadman & Holman

  • Mal 1:11, Ray Clendenen, 01/20/2000