b-hebrew - Re: historiography

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Moshe Shulman <mshulman AT ix.netcom.com>
  • To: b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: historiography
  • Date: Thu, 30 Dec 1999 13:28:14 -0500

At 01:12 PM 12/30/1999 -0500, you wrote:
>At 12:54 PM 12/30/99 -0500, you wrote:
>
>>Jim, when do you date Josephus? Why? (BTW how do you deal with the
>>contradiction between Ant. 1.17 and Ant 4.197? Do you think there was two
>>authors?)
>this is more a discussion for Ioudaios- dont you think? In the present
>thread we are discussing historiography in the Hebrew Bible and evidence
>like manuscripts and the like. Josephus, interesting though he is, is not
>the Hebrew Bible.

Jim, didn't you ask him to mention a text? I think Josephus is more
relevant then the Greek historians mentioned. As to my questions they
relate directly to the points of discussion I raised with regardds to
methodology.

moshe shulman mshulman AT NOSPAMix.netcom.com 718-436-7705
CHASSIDUS.NET - Yoshav Rosh http://www.chassidus.net
Outreach Judaism http://www.outreachjudaism.org/
ICQ# 52009254