b-hebrew - SV: Re[4]: JEDP (Melchizedek)

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Niels Peter Lemche <npl AT teol.ku.dk>
  • To: 'Ian Hutchesson' <mc2499 AT mclink.it>
  • Cc: "'b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu'" <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: SV: Re[4]: JEDP (Melchizedek)
  • Date: Tue, 21 Dec 1999 13:59:23 +0100

I can recommend the new volume by Abegg and Ulrich and othersm The First
Bible, being a a translation of a collection of biblical passages preserved
among the DSS (Harper SF 1999). It does not include the Hebrew text, only
translations, but is very informative as to what is present--and in what
form--and what not. it is true that a serious study version would have to
include the Hebrew as well. But for an easy way to know it is excellent.

NPL