b-hebrew - Re: Debates

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Numberup AT worldnet.att.net
  • To: gs02wmr AT panther.Gsu.EDU
  • Cc: Biblical Hebrew <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Debates
  • Date: Mon, 20 Dec 1999 12:53:59 -0800

Please, give us your thoughts on this. I am not sure I am confortable with
the
interpretation of someone who gets his grammar from the personal "unction of
the Ruach
HaQodesh."

Todah rabbah,
Solomon Landers
Memra Institute for Biblical Research
http://www.memrain.org

gs02wmr AT panther.Gsu.EDU wrote:

> Shalaom Alaikh...
>
> I've recently been involved in a little tit-for-tat with a member of a
> message board who has drawn the following conclusions on the
> Tetragrammaton. I was going to rebut them, but wondered if anyone on this
> list would like to address them? You can e-mail me privately if you like,
> adding your thoughts on how clear or unclear this guy sounds. Shalom.
> -------------
>
> . now the 2nd question "why IHVH and not YHWH" well because I have come to
> discover under the unction of the Ruach HaQodesh that the name IHVH has
> it's roots in the word Hayah which means to be or to exist (i could give
> yoo more defis but I will stick with those 2) BUT if you
> look at the word IHVH and a simple comprehension of hebrew
> you would see the word HaVaH within IHVH, the word HaVaH has the same
> meaning as Hayah which is the ROOT
> of the word IHVH. And knowing hebraic grammer I understand that the Yud
> (letter I or Y) denotes masculinity to
> the word HVH, thereby giving it personability and gender. so instead of
> YahWeh I would prefer Yahawah to that,
> but it's IHaVaH the I is an EE or long e and is pronounced (at this time)
> as EEHah Vah. giving you more information the REAL name of Jesus was
> Eeshu in his mother tongue of aramaic. now we all know that is name
> incorporates the name of God and means God saves or God is salvation, how
> do you derive at that when the ONLY portion of his name that could have
> anything to do with God is EE. Which is the preportion of EEHaVaH,
> actually in long form his name is Eehushu' (or as I spell it Ihushua [the
> a is a gutteral sound] now the preportion that is God's name is Eehu, or
> IHu or IHV Ihav with the ah dropped, Then again I have heard taht the true
> name of God is AhVah.

  • Debates, gs02wmr, 12/19/1999
    • <Possible follow-up(s)>
    • Re: Debates, Numberup, 12/20/1999
    • Re[2]: Debates, peter_kirk, 12/21/1999