b-hebrew - Re: Debates

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: <gs02wmr AT panther.Gsu.EDU>
  • To: Numberup AT worldnet.att.net
  • Cc: Biblical Hebrew List <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Debates
  • Date: Mon, 20 Dec 1999 13:05:49 -0500 (EST)

Shalum,

Well, I have my old line of reasoning that I would cut-and-paste from my
old messages in order to answer and rebut this guy's case, but I was
hoping someone with a more "formal" and Scholarly grammar background could
answer the e-mail so I could include that as well. I certaintly don't
agree with him, because it sounds like a specious conjunction of words
that follows no grammar rules of Biblical Hebrew but rather a "religious"
hunch.

Anyone care to rebut yet another mutilator of the Hebrew language? ;)

Shalom,

Wondell M. Rachman

On Mon, 20 Dec 1999 Numberup AT worldnet.att.net wrote:

> Please, give us your thoughts on this. I am not sure I am confortable with
> the
> interpretation of someone who gets his grammar from the personal "unction
> of the Ruach
> HaQodesh."
>
> Todah rabbah,
> Solomon Landers
> Memra Institute for Biblical Research
> http://www.memrain.org
>
> gs02wmr AT panther.Gsu.EDU wrote:
>
> > Shalaom Alaikh...
> >
> > I've recently been involved in a little tit-for-tat with a member of a
> > message board who has drawn the following conclusions on the
> > Tetragrammaton. I was going to rebut them, but wondered if anyone on this
> > list would like to address them? You can e-mail me privately if you like,
> > adding your thoughts on how clear or unclear this guy sounds. Shalom.
> > -------------
> >
> > . now the 2nd question "why IHVH and not YHWH" well because I have come to
> > discover under the unction of the Ruach HaQodesh that the name IHVH has
> > it's roots in the word Hayah which means to be or to exist (i could give
> > yoo more defis but I will stick with those 2) BUT if you
> > look at the word IHVH and a simple comprehension of hebrew
> > you would see the word HaVaH within IHVH, the word HaVaH has the same
> > meaning as Hayah which is the ROOT
> > of the word IHVH. And knowing hebraic grammer I understand that the Yud
> > (letter I or Y) denotes masculinity to
> > the word HVH, thereby giving it personability and gender. so instead of
> > YahWeh I would prefer Yahawah to that,
> > but it's IHaVaH the I is an EE or long e and is pronounced (at this time)
> > as EEHah Vah. giving you more information the REAL name of Jesus was
> > Eeshu in his mother tongue of aramaic. now we all know that is name
> > incorporates the name of God and means God saves or God is salvation, how
> > do you derive at that when the ONLY portion of his name that could have
> > anything to do with God is EE. Which is the preportion of EEHaVaH,
> > actually in long form his name is Eehushu' (or as I spell it Ihushua [the
> > a is a gutteral sound] now the preportion that is God's name is Eehu, or
> > IHu or IHV Ihav with the ah dropped, Then again I have heard taht the true
> > name of God is AhVah.

  • Debates, gs02wmr, 12/19/1999
    • <Possible follow-up(s)>
    • Re: Debates, Numberup, 12/20/1999
      • Re: Debates, gs02wmr, 12/20/1999
    • Re[2]: Debates, peter_kirk, 12/21/1999