b-hebrew - Re: Psa 16:10; chasideycha

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: peter_kirk AT sil.org
  • To: <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Psa 16:10; chasideycha
  • Date: Wed, 01 Dec 1999 21:54:17 -0500

The BHS text at this point in Psalm 16:10 is X:ASIYD:KF (in your
transliteration this would be chasidkha), which is singular - no yod
before the -kha ending. There is no textual note in BHS, and no note
in HOTTP or the Word commentary. But are there other MSS, printed
editions or translations which have a plural here? Could this be a
correction, or an interpretation, to get away from the Christian
understanding of this verse, in Acts 13:35?

Peter Kirk