b-hebrew - Re: http://www.birzeit.edu/links/store.html#myth

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Henry Churchyard <churchh AT usa.net>
  • To: b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Cc: churchh AT usa.net
  • Subject: Re: http://www.birzeit.edu/links/store.html#myth
  • Date: 12 Nov 99 10:50:15 MST

> Thomas L. Thompson" <tlt AT teol.ku.dk>
> Subject: SV: Jot and tittle
> Date: Fri, 12 Nov 1999 09:26:54 0100

[...]

Uh, guy, I haven't read the books that are being plugged on that
web-site, and I have no idea whether the summaries offered on the
web-site are particularly accurate -- but none of that is especially
relevant to what I was saying. What I was pointing out is that here
political Palestinians, who in the normal course of events wouldn't
particularly care one way or the other about the question of the
historical accuracy of the Bible, are seizing upon a book which (in
their own interpretation) argues that David and Solomon and the united
monarchy never existed (which I consider to be a thesis of
"minimalism" in a broad sense), in order to bolster their own
previously-held political views, and propagandize on behalf of the
same.

--
Henry Churchyard churchh AT usa.net http://www.crossmyt.com/hc/