b-hebrew - Re: Perfectivity of wayyiqtols

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "dan-ake mattsson" <dan-am AT online.no>
  • To: "b-hebrew" <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Perfectivity of wayyiqtols
  • Date: Sat, 23 Oct 1999 16:37:40 +0200

Dear list,

Regarding perfectivity and sequentality of wayyiqtols I suggest that you
study Ezekiel 16:6-28. In v 6 the wayyiqtol (br portrays the event "to pass
by", and the wayyiqtols )rh, )mr, and )mr interupt this event an occur
inside it. It seems to me that there are up to 15 examples of wayyiqtols
that are *parallel* rather than sequential in the other verses.

Best wishes,

Dan-Ake Mattsson