b-hebrew - Hebrew Grammars

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Phil Long" <plong AT gbcol.edu>
  • To: <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Hebrew Grammars
  • Date: Fri, 22 Oct 1999 12:52:17 -0400

I am looking for comments on a few introductory grammars, primarily Seow's
second edition and Page
Kelly's grammar. I have a copy of Seow's first edition, and it seemed to me
that there were some
strong criticisms of it when it came out. If someone could point me in the
direction of a good
review or two, I would appreciate it.

I will be teaching an undergraduate intro to Hebrew in the spring term, and
would like to look over
as many texts as I can before selecting a test. Are there any other "first
year" grammars that have
been recently published? I am aware of the "classics," ideally I'd like to
know what's been done
since in the last 10 or so years.

Thanks,

Phillip J. Long
Asst. Prof. Bible
Grace Bible College
Grand Rapids, MI

  • Hebrew Grammars, Phil Long, 10/22/1999