b-hebrew - Re: Hebrew & Sanskrit

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Numberup AT worldnet.att.net
  • To: gs02wmr AT panther.Gsu.EDU
  • Cc: Biblical Hebrew <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Hebrew & Sanskrit
  • Date: Fri, 15 Oct 1999 14:42:33 -0700

"The Story of Writing," by Andrew Robinson ("holds degrees from Oxford
University
and from the School of Oriental and African Studies, University of London"),
1995,
Thames and Hudson Ltd, London, states on page 175: "Most scholars -- Indian
and
non-Indian -- agree that the Aramaic script was the parent script of one of
the
earliest Indian scripts, Kharosthi, even though hard evidence of the link is
lacking."

I can find even less hard evidence for a Jesus-inspired connection between
Hebrew and
Sanskrit, though such is the stuff of much mysticism and many modern mystery
schools.
As is the purported link between Jesus and the Essenes.

Solomon Landers
Memra Institute for Biblical Research
http://www.memrain.org