b-hebrew - Re: JER 27:18

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Galia Hatav <ghatav AT aall.ufl.edu>
  • To: b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: JER 27:18
  • Date: Wed, 22 Sep 1999 10:49:11 +0100

Dear Rolf and Dave,

Why do you think that the verb 'come' appearing after L:BIL:TIY is in
qatal? Morphologically speaking it has the form of the imperative (second
person masculine plural), which, of course, is odd. (But not that odd
since you would expect here a modal form.) I have not checked other
versions, but the pointing in our version suggests that it is not a qatal.