b-hebrew - Re: Jerusalem, neuter plural

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Numberup AT worldnet.att.net
  • To: Henry Churchyard <churchyh AT ccwf.cc.utexas.edu>
  • Cc: Biblical Hebrew <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Jerusalem, neuter plural
  • Date: Sun, 05 Sep 1999 08:32:18 -0700

Somehow I don't think the man would live long who came unto the King and
shouted,
"Hey, Dude!"

Even if the "-ayim" ending for Jerusalem were "later" -- and who knows how
much
"later"--- it no doubt expressed a hope at some point that the city as a
Foundation of
Peace would be doubly blessed, or doubly expressive of that peace. That, at
least, is
one possible way of translating the term.

Solomon Landers
Memra Institute for Biblical Research
http://www.memrain.org