b-hebrew - Etymological Dictionary

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Søren Holst <sh AT teol.ku.dk>
  • To: 'Joseph Brian Tucker' <music AT riverviewcog.org>, Biblical Hebrew <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Etymological Dictionary
  • Date: Sat, 21 Aug 1999 14:47:13 +0200

I think I'd stick with being The Wind in the Willows

About Klein's dictionary:
I've used it with considerable benefit, although what Jim West says about
etymology in general, is of course true. People I know say it has lots of
errors BUT certainly also loads of valuable info not available anywhere
else. A second hand copy might cost at least 150 Israeli Sheqels (in a
second hand book store IN Israel, that is - dunno if price level is lower
where you are) equals 35-40 USD.

It's about CONTEMPORARY Hebrew of course, not Biblical (but covers ground
common to both)

yours
Soren Holst
Copenhagen