b-hebrew - Re: Hasmonean Bible

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Fred P Miller <fmoeller AT ao.net>
  • To: "Jonathan D. Safren" <yonsaf AT beitberl.beitberl.ac.il>
  • Cc: Biblical Hebrew <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Hasmonean Bible
  • Date: Mon, 21 Jun 1999 09:01:41 -0400

Dear Jonathan and listers

The" inaccuracies in the Judean and Persian chronology." I assume these
refer to the
succession of Median Kings through Darius I which are an interpretors
historical
problem not a textual inaccuracy. If you are interested in my explanation of
the
chronology or dynastic and non-dynastic succession from Cyaxares who begat
Astyages,
the alleged grandfather of Cyrus whose throne Cyrus took in battle and onward
through
to Darius I (circa 520 BCE) you may read it at this address:
http://www.ao.net/~fmoeller/70week.htm
Neither Cyaxares II, who probably did not even exist, nor the lesser light
Gobrius are
referred to in Daniel as some mistakenly have supposed.

Fred P Miller

Fred P Miller
For Bible Study Majoring in Isaiah
Http://www.ao.net/~fmoeller