b-hebrew - Re: intro and macBible BHS module

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Dave Washburn" <dwashbur AT nyx.net>
  • To: b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: intro and macBible BHS module
  • Date: Fri, 14 May 1999 06:46:00 -0700

Jim wrote:
> At 10:49 AM 5/13/99 -0700, you wrote:
> >Greetings,
> >
> >I recently resubscribed to b-hebrew after some time away. Good to be back.
> >I am an Old Testament scholar wannabe in the pastorate (which I enjoy very
> >much, by the way). So I constantly struggle with the desire to refresh my
> >Hebrew skills in the midst of limited time. Any strategies/secrets out
> >there?
>
> Yes- read the OT every day in Hebrew.

What he said. Even if it's not very much, one or two verses, just
read it. I would suggest using Holladay's lexicon for this type of
reading, because it's much easier to find nonverbal forms there
than in BDB and speeds things up considerably. If you don't have
to spend half a day one one word because you can't figure out its 3-
letter root it gets discouraging. With Holladay you don't have to do
that and reading goes much more smoothly.

Dave Washburn
http://www.nyx.net/~dwashbur