b-hebrew - intro and macBible BHS module

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Gary F. Daught" <daught AT theriver.com>
  • To: b-hebrew newslist <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: intro and macBible BHS module
  • Date: Thu, 13 May 1999 10:49:31 -0700

Greetings,

I recently resubscribed to b-hebrew after some time away. Good to be back.
I am an Old Testament scholar wannabe in the pastorate (which I enjoy very
much, by the way). So I constantly struggle with the desire to refresh my
Hebrew skills in the midst of limited time. Any strategies/secrets out
there?

Also--attention Macintosh computer users--I have an original disk set of
macBible 3.0 with the Biblia Hebraica Stuttgartensia (1983) module that I
am willing to send to an interested person (e-mail me, first come-first
served) for the cost of postage only (sorry, I don't have an extra manual
to send along). The module also includes TrueType and Postscript versions
of the Hebrew font Jerusalem required to display the text--a very nice font
you can use with your word processor. The disks (4) are 800K so they would
be unreadable in an Imation SuperDrive (which might apply to iMac users). I
did not upgrade an existing license to a later version, so this would be a
perfectly legal transfer.

Shalom!

Gary F. Daught
daught AT theriver.com