b-hebrew - Re: Hebrew Software

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Lee R. Martin" <lmartin AT vol.com>
  • To: Steve Brailsford <Steve.Brailsford AT NSMG.Seagatesoftware.com>, Hebrew List <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Hebrew Software
  • Date: Mon, 10 May 1999 09:33:48 -0400

Dear Steve,
What will you be doing with the software?
I use Bibleworks on a daily basis, and it is powerful, quick, easy, and
comprehensive. You will get more for your money with Bibleworks. But for
complex
searches with several grammatically tagged lemmas, Gramcord has no rival.
Lee R. Martin

Steve Brailsford wrote:

> Check out this web site I found for Bible software a review.
> http://www1.christianity.net/compt/8P5/8P5022.html
> <http://www1.christianity.net/compt/8P5/8P5022.html>
>
> All of the programs with complete texts and advanced search capabilities
> seem to be about $300
> I also am trying to decide which one to get.
> I found a lot of sites that sell BW 3.5 for $200, and you can upgrade to BW
> 4.0 for $75
>
> Steve Brailsford
> Seagate Software
> steve.brailsford AT seagatesoftware.com
> (407) 531-7543

> Subject: Re: Hebrew Software
> From: Cindy Smith <cms AT dragon.com>
> Date: Sun, 9 May 1999 13:14:20 -0500
>
> What you describe above is also trivial using BibleWorks 4.0
> by
> Hermeneutika. You can use wildcards to get different verb
> forms, for
> example, while typing in Hebrew characters yourself in the
> search
> window. Whenever you begin typing, it lists words on the
> right in
> Hebrew similar to the word you are typing. It also works
> right-to-left.
>
> Cindy Smith
> Spawn of a Jewish
> Carpenter
> GO AGAINST THE FLOW! \\ _\\\_ _///_ //
> >IXOYE=('> <`)= _<< A Real Live
> Catholic in Georgia
> cms AT dragon.com // /// \\\ \\
> cms AT star-nets.com
> cms AT romancatholic.org
>

> ---
> You are currently subscribed to b-hebrew as: lmartin AT vol.com

Lee R. Martin
Pastor, Prospect Church of God, Cleveland, Tennessee
Instructor in Hebrew and Old Testament
Church of God Theological Seminary
http://earth.vol.com/~lmartin/