b-hebrew - Re: Sender identification

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "yahua'sef" <gs02wmr AT panther.Gsu.EDU>
  • To: Paul Zellmer <zellmer AT cag.pworld.net.ph>
  • Cc: Biblical Hebrew <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Sender identification
  • Date: Wed, 28 Apr 1999 19:41:19 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 29 Apr 1999, Paul Zellmer wrote:
> I realize this list is much more lax in procedural matters than is the
> sister list on
> biblical greek, but would it be possible for posters to include real names
> either in
> their headers or in their signatures? (On the greek list, they also ask
> for academic
> or professional position, if applicable.) Attempts at anonymity through
> "nicks" give
> me, at least, the impression that the person is probably not really serious
> about
> positions taken or questions asked in the posts.

Hello Paul. Personally I don't know nor do I understand your motives for
requesting such a thing. A person's nickname or handle does not indicate
their degree of seriousness in the study of the Hebrew language. Likewise,
a person with a full name in their email or signature does not make them
any more "safe" or "dedicated" to serious discussion. I think that the
logic you use is flawed and reactionary.

Thank you.