b-hebrew - Alviero Niccacci -- Neg. Wayyiqtol

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Lee R. Martin" <lmartin AT vol.com>
  • To: Studium Biblicum Franciscanum <sbfnet AT netvision.net.il>, Hebrew List <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Alviero Niccacci -- Neg. Wayyiqtol
  • Date: Wed, 28 Apr 1999 13:58:03 -0400

Dear Professor,
In an earlier post you said, "-*lo' + yiqtol* is the negative counterpart of
weqatal,"
but below you have named it the "negative wayyiqtol." I'm afraid that I do
not
understand why. Your earlier post said that " *welo' + qatal*" is negative
wayyiqtol. Could you explain again please.

--

Lee R. Martin
Pastor, Prospect Church of God, Cleveland, Tennessee